Tuesday, November 18, 2008

List of Plays and Links

Self, Family, and Society

List of Plays

Read two of these plays by Henrik Ibsen

Enemy of the People (Ibsen)** (Project Gutenberg translation here)

A Doll’s House (Ibsen) * (Project Gutenberg translation here)

The Wild Duck (Ibsen) ** (University of Virginia translation here)

Hedda Gabler (Ibsen) * (Project Gutenberg translation here)

OR

Read two of these plays by Federico Garcia Lorca

Blood Wedding (Lorca)# (translation online: Act I, Act II, Act III)

Yerma (Lorca)# (translation online: Act I, Act II, Act III)

House of Bernarda Alba (Lorca)# (translation online: Act I, Act II, Act III)

OR

Read two of these 20th Century Irish Plays

Juno and the Paycock (O'Casey)**

The Plough and the Stars (O'Casey)**

Ourselves Alone (Devlin)#

The Playboy of the Western World (Synge)* (etext here)

Philadelphia, Here I Come (Friel)

OR

Read two of these 20th Century American Plays

Glass Menagerie (Williams)*

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (Williams)*

Death of a Salesman (Miller)*

Long Day’s Journey into Night (O’Neill)*

A Touch of the Poet (O'Neill)*

Fences (Wilson)*

* marks plays that are owned by Gloucester High School

** marks plays that are available in the high school library

# marks plays that you could borrow from Mr. Cook

1 comment:

BA said...

My sweet Chloe, upon the picture of a fallen hero I have found your request, to which I must respond yes. The clouds of ambiguity have cleared and I am ready to soak in the heat from the ray of sunshine that is your love.