Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer Reading

I'm leaving tonight for Illinois. Before I leave I need to say a few things.

1. When I return (some time around June 22) I will post the dates for our summer seminars.

2. Below I have posted what to do before, during, and after reading each of the summer reading books. (You will writing two responses to Invisible Man, Wide Sargasso Sea, and Translations; you will be writing three responses to Song of Myself.) Read the works in the order listed above. Getting going with Invisible Man now. We will deal with it at our first summer session. Enjoy!

3. The comment boxes are public. They can be read by anyone. Parents, other teachers, administrators, strangers, etc. Please use "school appropriate" language. (For example, the superintendent has taken an interest in our blogging.... Hello, Mr. Farmer.)

2 comments:

alees said...

Hi Mr. Cook,
I just had a quick question, are the blog responces in addition to our twelve hardcopy book responces or are they just the mode that we are handing in our twelve responces?

Mr. J. Cook said...

The blog responses are the mode/form/medium/means-by-which
you will "hand in"/"turn in"/submit
your responses. (I have chosen to do it this way so people who are not in Gloucester but who have access to the internet can still turn in assignments over the course of the summer.)

Also, notice that there are no longer twelve responses but nine (two each for IM, WSS, and T followed by three for Song of Myself).

But this might change depending on how the summer sessions go.